France is slowly becoming popular in the international student community to pursue higher education. Some globally acclaimed, high-ranking universities in Australia include HEC Paris INSEAD Business School and ESSEC Business School. There are multiple reasons which make France appealing to students some of which include-well a designed research-based curriculum, affordable tuition fees, a beautiful and high-tech campus, global exposure, and job opportunities. Fall intake is usually preferred for admissions by students. In this article, we will discuss the fall application deadlines for MBA in France in 2023 and the admission process in detail.
Candidates seeking to study in France must start preparing a minimum of 6-8 months before the fall application deadlines for MBA in France. Aspiring candidates need to complete the admission process systematically. Looking for the right university, preparing and appearing for the mandatory exams, document checklist, applying for a visa, booking tickets, and staying are the important steps for studying MBA in France fall intake.
How to get admission for MBA in France in 2023
February and September are the two intake seasons for top business schools in France. The applications open 4 months before the application deadline and each intake has 4 rounds along with interview rounds. The duration of an MBA in France is between 1-2 years.
The application for fall application deadlines for MBA in France starts in August and extends till January. The steps to pursue an MBA in Australia or other similar courses include-
1. Researching and shortlisting courses and colleges
2. Prepare and appear for the tests, ie, GRE/GMAT/IELTS/TOEFL
3. Completing the application form for the universities along with the required documents
4. Give an interview for 1st round and appear for 2nd if selected
5. Follow the same steps and clear 3rd and 4th round
5. Arranging loans and filing visa applications
6. Booking travel
The most popular universities and their fall application deadlines for MBA in France are as follows-
|Business School||Application Deadline|
|INSEAD Business School||September|
|ESSEC Business School||October|
|INSEEC Business School||Rolling admissions|
|Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers (CNAM) – International Institute of Management||June|
|Audencia Business School||Rolling admissions|
|EDHEC Business School||May|
Once students clear the first rounds, they will have to appear for three more rounds to study in France.
MBA in France: Requirements
To study in France, there are some mandatory tests that every student has to take. GMAT/GRE are mandatory requirements for top business schools in France. The score usually required for GMAT is 600 and above and for GRE is 300 or above. INSEAD has a score requirement of 700 or above. Some colleges also accept GRE and some of the colleges take students without both these tests as well. GMAT is an online test to assess the analytical writing, quantitative, verbal, and reading skills of candidates. Students must book their slots a minimum of 3 months in advance. The fee for this exam is approximately $250. The minimum score required for IELTS is 6.5 for some MBA colleges.
In addition to this, applicants must fulfill other criteria to secure admission before the fall application deadlines for MBA in France in 2023. Requirements are as follows-
- Undergraduate degree – The higher the score, the better the prospect for admission. Students should have a 3-4 year bachelor’s degree which is equivalent to a French baccalaureate from a recognized university.
- CV/Resume – It should include all the important details and should not be very exhaustive as well
- GMAT/GRE test score
- English proficiency test scores for IELTS/TOEFL/PTE. Most MBA colleges in France are taught in English.
- SOP – The requirements for SOP vary for each college. Students must check the website and prepare accordingly and give adequate time to prepare a solid document.
- LOR – minimum of two LORs are required to study in Australia. Students can approach their teachers, alumni, and superiors for the same.
- Work experience – A minimum experience of 2 years is mandatory for securing admission for MBA in France. Some of the top colleges even require a work experience of 5 years.
- Interview– Most of the top universities assess students’ personalities and English speaking skills through these video or telephonic interviews. Candidates must be thoroughly prepared for the same as their admission is dependent on it.
Also, read – MBA without GMAT in Top Business Schools
Documents required to study in France
- Valid passport
- Passport size photos
- Graduation degree in the format required
- Transcript of all the academic years from school and college
- The score on the GMAT exam is 600
- Scores for exams like IELTS/TOEFL with a minimum band requirement of 6.5 in IELTS and 100 in TOEFL
- Letter of recommendation from teachers/professors
- Academic essay
- Job experience letter if applicable
- Immigration documents
- Test scores of the standardized exams like SAT/ACT or GRE/GMAT
- Audited Financial bank statements Job experience certificates if available
- Interviews as required
France’s 2023 fall intake
Students are advised to carefully check the eligibility criteria of the courses available in each semester and then make a clear and rational decision. Other factors to be kept in mind include- standardized test scores required, acceptance rates for their selected course and college, documents required, scholarship opportunities, and job prospects after completing the course. Once all the prerequisites are in place, students can decide their intake season. If an aspirant is invited for an interview by a particular college or university, then it indicated that he/she might get selected for that particular course. Students are expected to be prepared before appearing for their interview as details like their academic experience, professional history, goals, and shortcomings are frequently asked. These questions are about the leadership, communication skills, and career goals of the students. Every university wants to understand the personality of its applicants and judge how each can contribute to the MBA program and their university. Thus, students need to be confident, well-prepared and speak grammatically correct English with a good vocabulary.
In addition to this, students have to put in a lot of effort and hard work to prepare a solid SOP. A good SOP describes in detail the achievements and academic journey of an aspirant. It should highlight their goals and interests clearly and concisely. It should neither be too long nor very repetitive. Further, it should also highlight how the students will contribute to the MBA program, their long-term MBA goals, and what makes them eligible for the course. The faculty wants to understand a student’s strengths and weaknesses Aspiring international students should also have some track record of volunteering or community work. Once, all these formalities are completed, students should check for available MBA scholarships to study in France as it makes their stay quite comfortable.
Thus it becomes very important for students to become proactive and complete all the formalities before the fall application deadlines for MBA in France in 2023. The maximum number of international students prefer September for their admission as they are free from their exams and have all the documents in place. France’s 2023 fall intake is going to be very competitive as colleges are finally opening up after the pandemic. So, keep a tab on the website of the selected colleges, give the test and gather all the documents to complete and submit the application process much ahead of time. Applying before the deadline increases the chances of selection in the university of choice which in turn boosts the confidence of the students and gives a positive start to their career of the student. So, wait no more and get started with SOPEDITS.