Are you one of those who dream of studying abroad? Do you need a dramatic career in business management? If this is the case, then the GMAT exam is the most suitable choice for you. This is a globally recognized entrance exam organized by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC).
The exam duration is 3 hours 7 minutes, excluding two 8 minute breaks, which are elective. This article gives a guide for GMAT preparation, answering most of your doubts and giving you valuable tips.
Since the GMAT exam evaluates different skills, one requires to have a chalked-out plan. There is tremendous power in preparation, and proper preparation can start to aspire results.
GMAC gives an official GMAT Prep Software, and applicants are advised to take a symptomatic test. You can try out the preparation material available online, and it is necessary to recognize and correct errors identified in these practice tests.
What is a Grade Point Average (GPA) and Why is it so Important
Some other important tips :
1. You must know an official source of problems. The official GMAC website is an invaluable source of information.
2. GMAT Training Practice tests are essential in preparing for the principal exam. Constant practice is a must to be able to give your best in the initial exam.
3. GMAT gives great importance to time management. In a timed exam, there is a trade-off between test length and content. GMAC makes sure that the test is as fair and appropriate as possible for all test takers. The applicant should have a solid understanding of time allotment and content within the network adaptive framework.
4. Other exam tips involve reviewing the exam form, learning and knowing them completely, studying rules of grammar and mathematics, remembering the failures from practice tests, and solving them.
GMAT Exam Structure – Computer Adaptive Test
The GMAT exam has four sections:
• Analytical Writing Assessment – span 30 minutes, a single essay.
• Integrated Reasoning – span 30 minutes for 12 problems.
• Quantitative Reasoning – span 62 minutes for 31 problems.
• Verbal Reasoning – span 65 minutes for 36 problems.
Good Books for GMAT Preparation
Books are the best preparation materials for the GMAT. Several publishers make it a circumstance to keep their books as renewed and as close to the modern version of the GMAT as possible.
Every year, GMAC publishes a new collection of the three official GMAT books: The Official Guide for GMAT Review, The Official Guide for GMAT Verbal Review, and The Official Guide for GMAT Quantitative Review.
You can check out specimen papers and e-books in PDF Format for more real GMAT preparation.
Best Method for GMAT Preparation
Now that you have an opinion of the complexity and depth of the exam, it is necessary to concentrate on how best to plan for the exam. Though the GMAT online preparation plan or general classes depends mainly on one’s individual choices, it is necessary to distinguish among the two available systems, computer or paper-based
When a nominee blends the best of both methods, they are set on the path to delivering good scores in the final exam. Online material and points on mobile applications are hugely helpful in giving pointers for the exam.
Computer-based preparation includes giving general practice tests over the internet. Such tests present an exam experience similar to the real exam. Applicants can test their time management skills and strive to achieve their aspired questions within the time deadline.
Most students are solving mathematical problems on pen and paper due to the pattern used during teaching. Algebraic and analytical questions also can be tried by you on paper.
The GMAT exam will improve shape your career by providing you entry to top-notch business schools. Analytical reasoning is an indispensable factor in solving the exam. You should prepare the exam on computer-based individual tests and also strive to solve analytics questions on paper.
As with any exam, in GMAT too, “Practice makes a man perfect”. Do share this blog with your friends. SOPEDITS provides a host of resources for GMAT preparation and guidance. You are advised to check out their website for the best advice.