Are you an Indian student planning to study in the UK? Get your UK student visa questions answered here.
The UK is home to some of the most prestigious higher education institutions globally and is, therefore, one of the most popular study abroad destinations globally.
More than 26,000 Indian pupils come to study in the UK each year. Want to join them? Here’s what you require to understand about getting a visa.
UK Student Visa Process
Here is a smart step by step guide on the general UK student visa process:
- Know the best UK student visa for you and your program.
- Collect all your documents, including the CAS and financial records together, as well as your passport.
- Examine to see if you must give biometric data at a visa application center or give identity documents within the UK Immigration: ID Check app.
- If needed, take the necessary steps to verify your English language abilities and see if you need a TB test.
- Supervise the UK government website to practice for your UK student visa
- Verify your name as part of your application and pay the fee
- Wait for a reply within three weeks in most cases if you are stamping from outside the UK.
If extenuating conditions or application-specific problems, your visa process may differ and require additional time or paperwork.
UK student visa requirements for Indian students
As part of the approval process for a UK student visa, you will require to show you meet the financial claims on two points:
Program Fees, including boarding
Your program fees will be placed in the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies, and you should show data in your visa application that you can pay at slightest one year of your program fees.
Money to help your stay
The financial condition for supporting your support is based on the total cost of living of where you plan to stay in the UK. It is computed as:
- £1,334/ ₹1,38,605.81 per month (for up to 9 months) for education in London the city and its 32 districts
- £1,023/ ₹1,06,292.16 per month (for up to 9 months) for programs outside London
*At the mid-market bourse rate of £1 = ₹103.90 as of April 19, 2021
If you have minor family members coming with you, you will require to show the capacity to support them.
If you are now in the UK with a strong existing visa for over 12 months, you will not require to show financial support for program fees or stay.
You can show proof of meeting the required financial claims by showing:
- Your bank or investment reports
- Your parents’ bank or investment reports
- Your partner’s bank or investment reports if they stay in the UK
- The official student loan from an authorized government or governed loan scheme, grant or sponsorship agreement
In the bank statements you give, you will also show that the funds have been available in the account for the last one month or 28 days.
Documents required for UK student visa
When you are asking for a UK student visa, you must offer the following:
- The Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from the school or institute you are planning on attending
- A current passport or documentation for travel
- An empty page in your passport for your visa if you want biometric data
In addition to these reports, you may also be asked to submit:
- Proof of financial resources to pay for your course and to help yourself during your stay or a letter showing approval from a financial sponsor
- A valid ATAS certificate, if needed.
- Proof of parental permission and your relationship to said parent if you are below 18 years old
- A Tuberculosis test result
You may be asked for additional documents depending on your circumstances so take a look at the extended list of copies that you may be asked for.
UK student visa processing time
Once you have submitted your completed application, you can expect a decision within three weeks.
If you have any questions regarding a UK student visa, you can contact SOPEDITS directly; their expert team will help you with your questions.