Study in China- China has been touted as the world’s fastest growing economy and many students wish to study in China to learn more about the history of the country and be part of the growth story of China. There are a few universities in China which are internationally well known and students can study in English in these institutions. The living costs in most cities in China is relatively cheap and the standard of living is high. Getting work permits in China is not easy and most students struggle to find jobs after graduation. Scholarships are rare in China and students have to bear their entire of education and living expenses. If students are willing to learn Chinese, they would have a better experience while studying in China. SOP-Edits guides you with the best career options for admissions in China.
China’s economy has attracted international students from all over the world. The government of China is making strong efforts to promote higher education by increasing university funding and thus trying to make China a scientific and academic world leader. The academic degree awarded by the Chinese universities is recognized by most developed countries.
Tests & Documents
1. Application form: Almost all institutes require you to fill in the form online and pay the application fee by a credit card
2. Essays and/or Statement of Purpose: These essays are your opportunity to talk directly to the admission committee and share what’s important to you including your detailed career goals
3. Resume: In a one-page document, list your work experience, extracurricular activities, volunteer work and achievements
4. SAT/ ACT/ GRE/ GMAT/ TOEFL/ IELTS/ PTE score sheets: You must send your official scores to the institutes. Most institutes in China need only the TOEFL or IELTS scores. MBA students must submit GMAT scores when applying to ‘top’ institutes
5. Recommendation Letters: These letters should be from people who know you well including professors or previous employers
6. Transcripts and Mark sheets: Issued by your school and college, a transcript explains your country’s grading system to foreign institutes
Average tuition fees are about 35,000 Yuan per year and average living expenses are about 10000 Yuan per year. Fees vary from institute to institute and some programs including an MBA have higher fees.
Scholarships & Loans
Scholarships, grants, and bursaries are available for international students, at the undergraduate and postgraduate level. The scholarship committee considers the overall profile of students including the past academic record, standardized test scores, extracurricular activities and past achievements while deciding scholarship and financial aid awards.
Students from India can get education loans from state banks for up to Rs.2.5 Million. Security of up to 100% of the loan amount will be needed and the repayment period varies from 5-7 years. Please contact individual banks for more information.
International students can work in China once they have been hired by a company. Getting employment for international students in China is not easy due to stiff competition from local Chinese students.