Apart from picking a university and course, your study abroad journey relies on various necessary steps like timely completion of the application process, good scores in competitive exams, acceptance letter from the university, etc. Getting a study Visa is a whole such step. Consequently, if you aspire to continue with higher studies, an MBA in Australia, or Masters’s in Australia, you will have to apply for the Subclass 500 or what is also referred to as the Australian Student Visa. This is the visa type for students who are all ready and prepared for higher study in Australia.
To give you a general overview, here is a blog that will drop light on the eligibility, application method, student visa Australia requirements, etc., for obtaining this visa!
What is the Subclass 500 Visa?
International students need an Australian student visa, whether they want to enroll in a long-term degree course or a short-term diploma. Out of all the Visas, applicants have to apply for Subclass 500 to seek higher education. Listed here are the kinds of study that are involved in the visa:
- Vocational Education and Training
- Higher Education
- Primary and Secondary Schools
- Postgraduate Research
- Autonomous English Language Intensive Courses for overseas students
- Non-awards Courses
What is the Validity of an Australian Student Visa?
Once the candidates obtain the Australian student visa, they will go in and out of the nation. This is a temporary visa, and the candidates will be allowed to stay in the country for around five years. Moreover, the exact span will depend on the selected program. Furthermore, the visa holders will be allowed to work for 40 hours every two weeks once the course starts. The price to apply for the Subclass 500 visa is AUD 620 (INR 34,978 roughly).
Also Read: Application Deadlines for MS in Australia
Requirements for Obtaining an Australia Student Visa
If you are seeing forward to applying for the Australian student visa, there are special general requirements that you require to fulfill. Abandoning these, you may miss your opportunity of pursuing higher study in Australia. Let us have a glimpse at the qualification guidelines for seeking an Australian student visa:
- The candidates must be six years of age or above.
- You must be enrolled in the course of study in a recognized institution. You will be required to state evidence for the same.
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement
- It would help if you qualified for the English Proficiency tests like IELTS etc.
- Must be able to support your education (Financial terms).
- Health and character requirements
- Have adequate health insurance.
- State the adequacy of welfare if you are under 18 years of age (not required for applicants above 18 years of age).
- Must not have any other type of visa.
- You must be a temporary entrant and intend to return after completing the program.
- Must meet the health requirements.
- Criminal record check results
Australia Student Visa: Essential Documents
Enlisted are some of the essential documents which have to submit by those who wish to secure an Australian student visa:
- A valid passport
- Completed Australian student visa application form (157A)
- Proof for entry into a university or college
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statement
- Academic and professional transcripts
- Scorecard of your English language test
- Details of health insurance policy
- Passport size pictures
- A confirmation stating the availability of funds for financing the tuition fee, living costs, etc.
Australia Student Visa Application Process
The application process for the Australian student visa must be started at least six weeks before the commencement of the course. Make sure you timely apply for it, as the process may take time to be completed. Refer to the below-mentioned steps, which will guide you about the application process-
STEP 1: Hit the official website and build your account.
STEP 2: Fill up the candidate form corresponding to the Subclass 500.
STEP 3: Once you have filled in the required details, you will need to upload necessary documents like a replica of the passport, etc.
STEP 4: You will get a unique transaction number for your request to track the status of your application.
If you face any issues while applying for an Australian student visa, directly go to SOPEDITS, they will adequately help you.